Argyle Vest-Along!

Saturday, March 18, 2006

Finally, finally blocking!

Finally.

The vest is now drying and resting comfortably on my spare bed. Hopefully the measurements will be okay when it's done. I tried it on once before soaking it, and the gauge was, well, wayy off. The whole vest was about five inches too long (mostly around the armholes) and very tight around my post-baby waist. But that will surely be fixed by blocking, won't it?

As I mentioned, I noticed that the vest stretched much more lengthwise along the armholes than anywhere else. Is that because of the steeks? Or because there's such a narrow piece of actual pattern knitting there as opposed to, say, below the front neck steek? Gah, it's too early in the morning to be thinking about this stuff, so I apologize if I'm not making any sense.

In any case, the vest is almost dry, so with a little luck I'll have a picture of it all ready to wear within the next couple of days. In anticipation of this, I expect you all to visit my blog and have a look at the not quite dry version :)

2 comment(s):

ARRRGH, the frustrations of the 'is this RIGHT'? I hope it blocks the way it's supposed to. I will keep my fingers crossed!

By Blogger Amanda, at 1:30 PM  

Exactly! And whether or not the pattern on the front matches the one on the back... maybe they're stretched differently... the horror!

By Blogger Fi, at 2:15 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home