Argyle Vest-Along!

Monday, March 20, 2006

finally some progress

got some vest knitting in this weekend while listening to audio books (seriously, audible.com is the best thing that's ever happened to my knitting!). i'm knitting this on size US6 addis. a few posts ago i mentioned that i still wasn't getting gauge with 6s and i finally just decided 'oh what the hell. just go for it!' this probably won't prove the wisest decision i've ever made but, hey, i'll lose a pounds to fit into the thing if i have to. i'm not entirely happy with my stitches though. when i've done fair isle before i didn't have any problem with tension or my stitches looking wonky at all. i was kind of cocky like "what's the big deal with fair isle? easy peasy!" but this argyle pattern! some of my stitches look so tiny and some of them look slanty. i had the same problem with my swatches as well. i'm pulling at them as i go along to even them out but some of them still look pretty crappy. is it the yarn? is it me? is it the needles? is it because this is knit circularly? if anyone has any ideas i'd love to hear them. (i think it's the yarn.)

OK, for some reason my picture isn't uploading. here's a link to my blog where you can see the progress.

1 comment(s):

I can relate to your frustration with even stitches. I don't know what the issue could be but I am suspecting with me it is knitting in the round. Good luck with yours and I love your colors!

By Blogger Erin, at 12:08 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home