Argyle Vest-Along!

Sunday, March 05, 2006

started swatching...

...and i will continue to swatch because my gauge was too tight! wah! it took me about a million years to knit this swatch so i can only imagine how many eons it will take for me to finish the entire vest. how do you all knit fair isle? i can't can't can't knit with yarn in each hand. can't and won't! so my knitting at this point is a little slow and cumbersome. anyway, here's the swatch. i'm getting about 7 stitches per inch.


4 comment(s):

Oh, I love your choice of colors! Is the darker one brown or is it just my screen?

By Blogger Fi, at 9:16 PM  

I forgot to say I'm glad the invitation thing worked out! I put a link to your blog in the sidebar as well :)

By Blogger Fi, at 9:35 PM  

Yes, fair isle knitting is a pain in the butt. It doesn't look nice until properly blocked. I knit with both colours in my left hand, and hence I don't have to learn the incomprehensible throwing-technique. As Fi and I discussed today, the two strands tend to twist, and the back of the work doesn't look as even as if you work with both hands, but I think it's much faster this way. I have also seen, somewhere on the internet, a thingy that you put on your left index finger, with notches (?) that you put the yarns in, to keep them in order. Seems brilliant to me. If you find one, let me know!

By Blogger Linster, at 12:54 PM  

I have one of those little finger thingies! it's made by clover and I got it from spinblessing[dot]com. it's called a yarn guide and it works great! btw, even if the gauge is small, your argyle is looking great - pink & brown are yummy. :)

By Blogger insaknitty, at 6:32 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home