Argyle Vest-Along!

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Cutting Yarn has Never Been so Fun

Hi everyone - this is my first KAL. I finally (re)started my vest. I'm not really figuring out the gauge by swatching, so I think I'm just going to start on size 4 needles and adjust the pattern as needed. I get really impatient just swatching all the time. Here is a swatch on which I tried out the crochet steeking - seems to be holding really well (awesome!). The colors are "Grass" in Elegance from Knit Picks, and "Fawn" in Palette from Knit Picks (double stranded). They are more muted in real life.

2 comment(s):

Not Swatching - you rebel! The colors look beautiful, I am in the midst of major gauging right now and just have to agree with eunny about swatching. The gauge is very changeable with good blocking.

Can't wait to see your vest progress.

By Blogger Tiger Feet, at 9:20 PM  

I know, I should be a good girl and swatch. But I did a little swatching, enough to know just about where I stand, needle-wize, and I'm zen about frogging if I have to (I've done it once already, for no reason other than I wanted it to look a little neater!)

By Blogger Mandy, at 4:53 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home