Argyle Vest-Along!

Friday, April 21, 2006

decreases around the steeks?

just so i feel better about what i'm doing, could someone tell me exactly what kind of decreases they're working on either side of the steeks? i read the pattern and i think i'm working them correctly (basically i'm going against my instinct of how i would normally decrease) but i'd love some reassurance because some of them don't look so good. for the neck steek (i haven't gotten to the armholes yet), going across from right to left i'm working ssk, knit the steek, then a k2tog. my k2tog decs look good but my ssk? not so good...i can see the two colors of the stitches. i shoulda taken a picture to illustrate but didn't think of before i left the house. thanks, ladies!

5 comment(s):

it's counter-intuitive, but you're doing it correctly. good luck, you're almost done!

-gali

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:05 PM  

hmm. I'm doing the opposite... do you think it'll hurt my vest?

By Blogger Kelly B, at 8:05 PM  

Yes, that's what I'm doing - ssk'ing, knitting the steek, then k2tog.

By Blogger An Abundance of Lisa, at 8:32 PM  

Actually, I just re-read the pattern... on page 7, she says, "Decreases on the right side of the chart should be worked with a k2tog; decreases on the left side of the chart should be worked with a ssk."

Oops!!

By Blogger An Abundance of Lisa, at 7:12 PM  

Alright, I'm officially going crazy. At the neck steeks, we should be ssk'ing on the right and k2tog'ing on the left. But on the decreasing at the bottom of the garment, we were working k2tog on the right and ssk on the right. Sheesh, that's hard to keep straight. Sorry for all the confusion!

By Blogger An Abundance of Lisa, at 9:15 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home