Argyle Vest-Along!

Thursday, April 13, 2006

Done

Here it is in all it's ill-fitting glory.


You may not be able to tell from the above photo but the vest would have worked were it not for the crazy wide and protruding armholes. I have more information and a close up picture on my blog. I think I am going to re-knit but maybe not until fall and until I truly understand how to fix the fit. This knit-a-long has been great though and I look forward to seeing future finished versions that hopefully benefit from the experience and folly of those who have gone before. Whatever you do, know your gauge. I still love the pattern. This is one beautiful fun knit. I just wish mine fit.


2 comment(s):

That actually looks really cool - are you sure it's a write off? The colors are fabulous...

By Blogger Tiger Feet, at 7:03 PM  

what size did you make? I'm worried about my armholes as well... I've adapted them to make them about an inch and a half smaller than the graph, but should they also be narrower?

By Anonymous callie, at 10:24 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home