Argyle Vest-Along!

Monday, April 03, 2006

my tiny vest

oh man i really think this thing is going to be too small. i'm not ripping at this point because a. i'm not sure about the size and b. i'm really doing it for the learning experience. anyway, my goal for this evening is to finish up with chart a. Also, it seems that unlike most i'm going to wind up with more yarn than i need. i'm jusssst about through with one ball of the main color and still have loads left on ball #1 of the pink color. on top of that i bought an extra skein of each because i ALWAYS underestimate. this time though it seems i underestimated my girth. :( le sigh. let's all hope for a blocking miracle, ladies!

5 comment(s):

See, and I am worried I am knitting a dress mine is growing so long. Good luck with the sizing on yours!

By Blogger Erin, at 7:02 PM  

It looks great! I hope it fits in the end, but as long as you enjoy the knitting and learn something, you sound happy enough.

By Anonymous Tina, at 7:56 PM  

it looks great so far! at the point you're at, couldn't you try it on to make sure it fits? it doesn't look like you've hit the steeks yet...

By Blogger Julsey, at 11:27 PM  

thanks, all. i am thinking about trying it on tonight to see just how i can squeeze myself into it. the reason i'm not totally freaked out is that i'm currently losing weight and if it doesn't fit now, it will hopefully fit in the future. if that doesn't pan out (and, uh, i'm not holding my breath) it will make a great christmas gift for my smaller sister.

By Anonymous carolyn, at 12:19 AM  

if our vests got together and had 2 baby vests, maybe they would be the right sizes!

By Anonymous kate, at 6:18 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home