Argyle Vest-Along!

Friday, May 05, 2006

Completely steeked out!

I finished! Yay, just in time for 75 degree weather! :) Here's a pic, all the specs are on my blog. I'm glad that I got some practice with the steeking - I've already started Carpathian Black Roses from Norsk Strikkedesign (not too tricky), and have plans for Season of Light and Something Something Else from that same book (methinks it will be quite difficult). Thanks for the advice, and good luck to all those not yet done!


4 comment(s):

It's gorgeous!! Way to go! I just cut my steeks tonight... hopefully I'll have a finished sweater by next weekend!

By Blogger An Abundance of Lisa, at 2:40 AM  

It looks amazing on you! Congratulations!

By Blogger Mia, at 8:41 AM  

Beautiful! This really gives me more hope for my vest... So many vests seemed to have turned out bad, so it's a great encouragement to see it look so pretty! Did you change the pattern in any way?

By Blogger Sofie, at 12:46 PM  

Thanks so much! :) I did change the pattern a little - just made the bottom ribbing a little shorter (it's now two inches high), and made the rest of the sweater two inches shorter by ignoring the first 15 rows of the color pattern on the bottom. I also had to adjust the number of rows throughout because my row gauge was about 6.5 stitches per inch. Hope that makes sense... Good luck!

By Anonymous Mandy, at 3:22 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home