Argyle Vest-Along!

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Just in time for summer!

A super-thick, hot, wool vest!

























I don't know about the rest of you that used KnitPicks Merino Style, but I'm wishing I'd used a sport-weight merino. The gauge for Merino Style is clearly so much bigger than what Eunny called for in her pattern (Eunny, are you sure you didn't use a sport weight??). Love the pattern, love the look, not so happy with my FO. The fabric is wonderfully solid and firm, but the areas where the steeks are folded is so lumpy!


If I come across some great sport-weight merino for a super-low price, I may make this sweater again as it's a great, modern design which totally goes with my wardrobe. But this FO my friends, will most likely not make it out into public. I'm looking forward to seeing how all the other Merino-Style-er's fare with their sweaters!

2 comment(s):

I completely agree with you. I don't think Knit Picks Merino Style is the perfect choice for this knit. I am on the lookout for some better yarn so I can re-knit this vest. Bummer but I guess we learn...

By Anonymous Erin, at 6:43 AM  

I had the exact same problem with the sleeves bulging :(
I'm going to machine sew and re-cut the steeks so they're smaller.

By Anonymous callie, at 11:43 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home