Argyle Vest-Along!

Saturday, September 30, 2006

almost halfway done

I've knit a little more than this picture shows, but I'm almost to the end of Chart A. I am so in love with this pattern that it's scary.

I took it in to school today to work on in art class (thank god I do textile work, so my teacher didn't say anything) and everyone kept coming up to me and feeling it and asking about how I'm making it. I love that...except I think I went a bit overboard with my explanations.

And the best part? My boyfriend asked me to knit him an argyle sweater vest for Christmas.

And now, a question: I'm really confused about how to set the steeks. Can anyone explain it to me step-by-step? I know I have to put 11 stitches on scrap yarn, but I don't get when to cast on the 9 stitches or how to get the gap in between the rows.

2 comment(s):

i took some detailed pics on my steeking process & they're in my blog here if it helps: http://littlecindy.livejournal.com/127876.html

By Blogger littlecindy, at 8:16 PM  

Eunny also has a great steeking tutorial on her site. Here's part one

By Blogger E to the M, at 4:19 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home