Argyle Vest-Along!

Monday, September 18, 2006

Hello all. My name's Ashley and I'm new around here. This vest is my first attempt at knitting in the round, colorwork, and steeks, so I'm being boring with my colors and sticking to KnitPicks Merino in Vanilla and Cinnamon. I had a bit of an ordeal tonight when I realized that I had swatched with one size of needles and had knit all of the ribbing on a different size, so I re-cast on and am doing well.


I'm going to be around here a lot, asking for help because I have an inability to comprehend directions (ahhh I'm especially scared of the steeks) so I'm sure we'll all get to be life-long friends.

1 comment(s):

Don't worry- the steeks are significantly less scary than you would think... the thing the most of us had trouble with was the row gauge... many of us ended up with extra long vests!

By Blogger Amanda, at 2:03 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home