Argyle Vest-Along!

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Smells like steek-spirit

The steeks are getting closer. Do you think they can smell my fear, will they know that I have no idea of how to tame them? I need a weapon, maybe a 3mm crochet needle?

Have you started to do the steeks? Is it difficult or will everything be very clear when I sit down with a crochet needle and Eunny's description?

3 comment(s):

What do you mean? Are you at the cutting part? I've started knitting the neck steek, but since I didn't bother reading the instructions carefully (as instructed), I bound off 11 stitches instead of putting them on scrap yarn (but I don't think that will be anything but a fair isle steek authenticity problem), and then I cast on 11 instead of 9. Apart from that everything runs smoothly. Except for the yarn. Still bubbly.

By Blogger Linster, at 2:02 PM  

I am at the V-neck steek, so I haven't done anything else but knitting in the round yet.

Maybe I just have to read the instructions carefully ;)

By Blogger Välklädd, at 3:29 PM  

I've made one attempt at this vest already(disaster, but nobody's fault except my own b/c I didn't read my yarn label when it said not to soak). I had never steeked anything before either, but I just followed Eunny's instructions and everything went smoothly. Don't worry - just do what she says and it'll turn out just fine! Her instructions are perfect.

By Blogger Stephanie, at 3:32 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home