Argyle Vest-Along!

Thursday, March 16, 2006


Hello, fellow vesters! This is my first steeking and knitalong, and I was talked into it by another member, Cece. Of course, as soon as I saw the pattern, I bought it immediately- I love it! One of you mentioned being a bit on the 'tall' side- I can relate! With the new cropped styles, I always end up having to make things longer. I did better in the early 90's when it was cool to wear sweaters long and below the butt! Anyway, above is a pic of my progress so far. I'm using 'Heatherwood Heirloom' yarn, which is an Australian 100% wool. It's a DK, but feels nice and thick and sturdy. I must admit that I've been reading and rereading the steek instructions, feeling a little nervous that somehow, I will make a terrible mess of things. It's a little harder to frog a garment after you've CUT the yarn! After all, what the heck would you do with dozens of two foot lengths of yarn!?!
Anyway, it's great to be here. I tend to get a TAD obsessive with knitting, so with the weekend coming up, I'll probably have a good update by Sunday!
I'm loving seeing everyone's color choices and the photos of the progress- can't wait to see some finished vests!
-Amanda

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home