Argyle Vest-Along!

Monday, March 20, 2006

Intro and progress

Hi there! I'm Cece (you can find my blog here). I saw this pattern, and loved it at first sight, but had to wait for the 'expanded' size pattern to come out before I could begin. The minute it was published, I bought it and my yarn! I'm using Rowan Cashsoft DK. I also got my friend Amanda to knit it with me (yes the same Amanda who is almost done a few posts below this).

Here is my progress after a weekend of limited knitting:
The Cashsoft may not have been the best yarn pick for this project, though. It is such a wonderful and soft yarn... but it's also slippery, and superwash - so I don't know if I'll get any blocking benefit. So far, I'm liking the fabric - so I'm going to continue on.

I don't know if you can notice, but I switched around the pattern symbols in my head. I didn't notice until just before I snapped this picture - so I'm doing the CC where I should be doing the MC and vice versa. I don't think you can see the difference?

I'm going to Chicago for work for a few days, and this project is making the trip too - hope to have a lot of progress to post when I get back!

1 comment(s):

The colors look FABulous. I don't think that the transposed color thing is going to be a problem. Enjoy your trip!

By Blogger Amanda, at 4:23 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home