Argyle Vest-Along!

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Another FO

Happy finisherSewingFinally done!
Two weeks ago, I finished the Deep V the first time. But I wasn't too happy with the fitting, since my shoulders are very small compared to ... let's say ... my waist. So I tried to knit the arm bands tighter and re-block the whole piece, but then it turned even worse. I decided I had to cut off some cloth to make it fit. First I frogged the arm bands, then I picked up stitches for new ones. I think the pattern says "decrease 1 stitch 5 times" in the original armscye shaping. Me, I continued to pick up stitches diagonally 6 times more, and then straight up to the shoulder. The photo shows how much of my knitting that was lost. 2-2,5 cm I think. To secure the stitches this time, I used my sewing machine and then cut off the extra material. And now it fits.

I am one happy knitter!

2 comment(s):

wow - that's so brave and very crafty of you! The sweater looks great - way to go!

By Blogger An Abundance of Lisa, at 1:50 PM  

funny, that is exactly what i did. i finished, blocked, modeled and sighed. lovely piece, unlovely fit. i just finished mine today and perhaps will join/post so we can compare notes. yours looks great. :)

By Blogger mames, at 11:52 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home