Argyle Vest-Along!

Saturday, May 27, 2006

Question


Back of Argyle vest
Originally uploaded by Southern Knitter.
Hello everyone! I've been reading this KAL for quite awhile, but this is my first post. I am having a bit of trouble figuring out part of the pattern and was hoping that someone could help me. I am almost finished knitting the vest, I am knitting from Chart A36, I have just place that large amount (it was 39 for me) of stitches onto my scrap yarn (i used an extra needle) and I cast on the 9 stitches like the pattern calls for. Here is my problem to go from where I cast on those 9 sticthes to the other shoulder is a really long float (too long in fact). So I was wondering how you ladies did this. Did you make that long float like my picture shows, or did you cut the yarn and work it was two different sides? I appreciate any and all advise and tips. Thank you so much!

2 comment(s):

Hi Southernknitter!
I think it all looks good, you just have to put the stitches on scrapyarn, and then it will be much easier to use only 9 stitches to join the other stitches (hmmm, did I get that right?) The point is, scrap yarn (like any other yarn) is possible to bend, which a needle isn't. Ofcourse, you could also knit several stitches, but that would give you terrible large steeks.

Good luck!

By Blogger Välklädd, at 5:54 PM  

Vivapia,
Thank you very much for the advise! I'm going to try that now. I appreciate your help!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:32 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home