Argyle Vest-Along!

Sunday, June 11, 2006

It Happened



Yup, I ran out of yarn. As you can tell from the extremely sad face I'm making, I'm not taking this setback very well. I guess I have no choice but to do another Knitpicks order to get another ball of Merino Style in Storm. I can deal with the delay if that means I can stick a little sock yarn in my shopping cart too...

5 comment(s):

Well at very least it looks awesome. I am jealous of your nice fitting vest!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:31 AM  

That's too bad, but at least your vest fits nicely.

Was the estimate in the pattern incorrect?

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:42 PM  

AWWW!!! that stinks! But holy moley! the vest looks great so far & I'm sure when you get the rest of the yarn to finish it up it'll be even more amazing!

By Blogger nicole, at 8:40 PM  

Awww, that's too bad... but it looks terrifice so far! I can't wait to see yours finished.

By Blogger Crystal, at 5:56 AM  

Thanks for the compliments everyone! I'm really happy about the way it looks. As for the yarn estimate in the pattern, I think I ran out because I was a few stitches off on my row gauge - it's about two inches longer than the pattern measurements indicate. For me, that's how I wanted it because my torso is long, but I probably should have been safe from the start and ordered another ball. Thanks for the offer to send me your yarn Lori, but I think I'm just going to do another order from Knitpicks. I want to knit an Alexander McQueen Knockoff (http://calistayoo.blogspot.com/2006/02/
pattern-for-mcqueen-knock-off.html) sometime soon so I think I'm just going to order the recommended yarn, Andean Treasure, at the same time. I'll probably have enough of the Merino Style leftover to knit a hat or something :)

By Blogger Sue, at 12:58 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home