Argyle Vest-Along!

Thursday, April 13, 2006


What a hot ugly mess! I find knitting on DPN really tricky at the best of times,
but with Fair Isle it's really gone to pot. The tension is out the window, and it
looks like I didn't really follow the pattern that well. I know that once I start this
piece on circs it will work well though - I'm a pretty determined knitter!

I think I'm going to knit a few more rows, block it, and see what I have for gauge.
Wish me luck! I love this pattern, it will look fabulous over a little shirt with a
pencil skirt.

Yarn is Brown Sheep sport weight, and right now I'm getting about 5 stitches an inch
unblocked.

2 comment(s):

I, too, swatched on dpns and it was pretty darn awkward, especially it being my first serious attempt at fair isle. However, I really don't think it gave me an accurate idea of my gauge because I'm still really off now that I've started. Oh well!! Your color combo is great!!

By Blogger An Abundance of Lisa, at 8:18 PM  

I love those colors together! It'll look great.

By Anonymous Mandy, at 12:58 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home