Argyle Vest-Along!

Monday, April 03, 2006

Binding off, finally!

I've had some argyle action this weekend, and tonight I'm having a knit-together at my place and will finish, secure and block tonight. Hooray!

But I must say I feel there's something wrong with the steeks. I know I've never been the most thorough reader of patterns, but I honestly think I got the steeks right and crotcheted with a very wooly mohair, but still it's like it doesn't stick together, and the crotcheted edge wants to slip away, slowly but surely. Maybe the alpaca is too soft for steeking? Does anyone else have these problems, or are everybody else's steeks just perfect and lovely?

3 comment(s):

I hade a thread or two that wanted to run away, but I think that was the CO-stitches. Don´t pull too much while adding the edges and everything will be ok after the blocking, I think.

By Blogger Välklädd, at 10:33 AM  

Hi - I had a bit of the same problem but I was gentle with the endges and I also ran them through the sewing machine after I cut them.

Erin

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:47 PM  

I think that Alpacka is to soft. I would definateyly sew them on machine just to be on the safe side.

Please let us know how it all worked out

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:18 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home