Argyle Vest-Along!

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

My first KAL

Hi! Just thought I'd introduce myself. I'm Sofie, and this is my first knit-along, and my first vest...as well as first bigger project really! Since I'm not an experienced knitter, I decided I would modify the pattern a little bit, making it in only one color. I know, it kind of takes the argyle out of the "Deep V argyle vest", but I'm hoping it'll turn out nice anyway. This is kind of what I'm hoping it will look like:

Right now, it feels like things are going ok. I started at my boyfriend's mom's birthday dinner (well, not until after the actual dinner), and to my luck his aunt was a "textile crafts teacher" in middle school (syslöjdslärare) , and helped me out! Right now, I've only gotten this far:

The only thing that's really bugging me is the size issue. I'm using the same yarn as Linn did, who now writes, "I shouldn't have gone for the Alpaca. Stupid." For her, the vest turned out much bigger than she thought. I'm thinking about changing to a smaller size (I'm usually 38'), and maybe making it less wide and shorter? Some people have also written that they wish they hadn't made the V so deep. I guess it's not too late to change that either... What do y'all think? Those of you who have finished; do you wish you had done it differently?

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home