Argyle Vest-Along!

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Deep V Argyle Back Support Belt


After I finished all the hip increases, I thought "that still looks kinda small"....but I kept on anyway... today I finally let the logical part of my brain win, and I took it off my circulars & onto a scrap piece of yarn to try it on. Then, I re-measured my gauge & found that I am kinda way,way off. I'm using Knitpicks Merino Style.

My question is this - to those who have used this wool - how much can you stretch 'er out during blocking? Should I save myself some disappointment & start over, this time really making sure I've got the right gauge? I'm also considering doing some major 'big girl' overhauling of the pattern & figuring out how to add another of the argyle repeats to give some more width? Or, I could be the best friend in the world & continue knitting this one for a smaller friend of mine.

Any insight?



3 comment(s):

It seems like a lot of people used the Knitpicks, eh? I did, and ended up going up a needle size (to a 4 mm) and washed and blocked my swatch first in order to make sure I got gauge. The (almost) finished vest ended up blocking out quite a bit - from about a small to a medium. Good luck!

By Blogger Sue, at 9:55 AM  

You could try washing and blocking the part you've already knit! That way you'll know for sure what it's going to do, and whether you have to start over or not...

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:35 PM  

I was a big dummy & discovered that the extended pattern sizes were at the very end of the download.....so I'm going to suck it up & rip it out & start again in a larger size. -sigh-

By Blogger nicole, at 11:16 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home